Thursday, August 19, 2010

Krista's Wedding Cake!!!




Let me start by saying, my favorite wedding cake I have done to date!! Compared to what we orginally talked about, this cake is nothing like what we planned. I changed the design about a billion times before I came up with the final product. Luckily, Krista is the most amazing, easy going bride ever and trusted my crazy inspirations!
The top tier is chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and the bottom tier is lemon cake with lemon filling and lemon buttercream. The anemone flowers are made of gum paste and modelling chocolate for the black centers. And if you can believe it, the part of this cake that made me the most nervous, were the little black dots! No room for error when you are putting black on white! You can't just pick it off it the dot is uneven or the wrong size! I used a ruler and carefully mark with a tooth pick every 1.5" where each dot would be and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!! I also made 90 cookie favors for the guests in the shape of little heart tuxedos, wedding dresses and big "bling" rings! AND I was a bridesmaid too! Such an honor!
It was an amazing wedding and I was so happy to be apart of it ♥♥♥

No comments: