Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Lesson Learned!


I don't know what I was thinking. I know better. However, it was requested that I make my favorite recipe of coconut cake infused with lime and lime cream cheese frosting. This is the most amazing cake in the world! I love it and so does everyone else. But to get the whole experience you have to have the cream cheese frosting. Now, there is a golden rule that you don't use cream cheese as the frosting if you are doing a tiered cake. However, I couldn't sacrifice the taste so I went for it anyway! The reason why you don't use cream cheese as the frosting is that it isn't stable enough to support the weight of the top tier(s). It will just slide all over the place. Not to mention this was the summer and it was HOT outside so we had the melting factor to think about too! Luckily there is no disaster story here but let me tell you my husband booked it to the restaurant and got it in the fridge FAST! The other thing with cream cheese frosting (or at least my recipe) is that you can't get that beautiful smooth finish like you can with buttercream. Oh well, it was still pretty and I made modeling chocolate and wrapped it around which added a nice touch.

No comments: