Saturday, October 3, 2009

Deep Bay




My mom owns a place up in Deep Bay and every year there is a big party at the beginning of summer for the opening of the campgrounds. My mom asked me to do a cake and some cupcakes. I'm not going to lie, I assumed it was just going to be about 25 people or so but when she told me there was going to be about 150 I thought I better go back to the drawing board and re-think my dimensions!! I ended up doing some lemon cupcakes with lemon filling and lemon cream cheese frosting with little chocolate anchors on top. (Delicious). And for the cake I made a 12"X18" sheet cake that was about 5" high!!! (It weighed a ton!) It was vanilla with Bavarian Cream filling and Italian Buttercream on the outside. The shells were chocolate, the sand bucket was made out of rice krispee square and covered in fondant. I used graham crumbs for the sand and chocolate rocks. Everything on this cake was edible!! My favorite part is the fishing net! The cake was a hit and was devoured by all the guests. No leftovers!!

No comments: