Friday, May 23, 2008

My Final Cake Decorating Class



This was the last cake for this particular class. It was really fun to make. The white on white looks so classic and elegant to me. It's a 2-tier vanilla wedding cake with Bavarian cream in between layers. I made royal icing petunias to cascade down one side of the cake. White royal icing detailing on top of white fondant and peach drop flowers to break it up a bit. I sent it to my mom's work for the staff to eat but nobody wanted to cut into it! So it just sat there!

5 comments:

Eva said...

I saw a show on the Food network last night while I was at the gym and it was this crazy bakery place and the people were making these insane cakes... they made a subway with graffiti on it, and Noah's ark with tons of animals, and this huge airplane. Totally reminded me of you! lol

BJ said...

I am so glad you found another passion! You are very talented Miss Abby and we totally believe in you....its so great to have a passion and be able to turn it into a career....believe me! And we just get better as time goes on....we love and support you! Love BJ, Bill and Niayah too! xoxox

Abby said...

Eva! That show is Ace of Cakes! I was watching it too! Wish I could say I was at the Gym as well....haha

Eva said...

Well it was pretty brutal to be watching that show while at the gym, I gotta say. Whoever put the tv on the Food network wasn't the most brilliant.

Abby said...

Haha No kidding! Especially when there are cakes on t.v.!