Friday, May 23, 2008

Cakes On Location


For My mother-in-law's 50th birthday we all went to the sunshine coast and stayed in a 25,000 sq. ft. mansion that James's brother and his fiancee caretake! It was so much fun! I had volunteered to make the cake for this special occasion. I brought a couple of my kitchen tools with me, the essentials, and decided to wing it. Which is scary when you have to use someone else's oven! My oven, by no means, is great but I know it inside and out and I'm comfortable with it! I took full advantage of the kitchen gadgets. The lady of the house had a brand new Kitchenaid mixer that had never even been used before (until I showed up anyway!). I like my space in the kitchen, even if there is an abundance of space like that house had! So everyone decided to go for a swim in the pool when it was time for me to start decorating. They were only gone for about 45 minutes and when they all came back in, I was finishing up, attaching flowers to the basket weave cake. Everyone was so surprised how fast it went from bare cake to fully decorated. I love the basket weave, everyone is always so impressed with it, and it's easier than it looks to achieve!

No comments: