Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Beginning: My Aha! Moment

One night a few months ago, I found myself restless and awake at 2:00am. I was tossing and turning and in doing so, annoying my husband who was sleeping just fine. I decided to save him the grief and get up. There's nothing else to do at that time of the morning but go on the internet. I wasn't searching for anything in particular, just seeing what weird and wonderful things "Google" had to offer. Somehow I stumbled upon these cakes. The most amazing cakes I have ever seen in my life! They were called Topsy-Turvy cakes and I wanted to make them! If you know a bit about me, you know that I am constantly finding new objects of interest to lose myself in. I spent a little over 3 hours researching different kinds of cakes, frostings, techniques etc. I made a folder and filled it with pictures of other people's works of art that I was determined to master. I finally satisfied my mind enough to let myself go back to bed. Only, then I was too excited about all these ideas I had running though my head, to sleep! That night I had my Aha! moment. I just knew I had to make cakes!

No comments: